Politics and stuff

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Re: Politics and stuff

Post by GeorgesGoons »

In other news....2 detainees that were swapped for the deserter Bergdahl are now active in the Taliban. I believe one of them were in the presidential palace
ImageImageImage
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

The current dire situation with American citizens was easily avoidable.

This was also easily avoidable, but no big deal I guess. Totally not Biden's fault:
National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan said Tuesday that a "fair amount" of U.S. weaponry had fallen into the hands of the Taliban since the hard-line Islamic militant group's rapid takeover Afghanistan in recent days.

During a White House press briefing, Sullivan was ask what will happen with the billions of dollars in equipment, including guns, ammunition, helicopters, and more, given to the Afghanistan government in the two decades before its collapse.
Crowes
Reactions:

Post by Crowes »

shel311 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:27 pm The Press Secretary from the Pentagon continually was saying they're protecting Americans at the Airport. When asked directly about American citizens outside of the airport, he said they will protect American citizens once they get to the airport.

I don't think this will end well, and any Americans that may die as a result is directly on Biden. It's just wild to me the nonsense we went through with the last impeachment, but something like this isn't an offense enough for a President to be forced out.
Why would the Taliban risk the consequences of killing an American at this moment that would draw American troops back into a country they now control thus resulting in them losing said control?
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Crowes wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:36 pm
shel311 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:27 pm The Press Secretary from the Pentagon continually was saying they're protecting Americans at the Airport. When asked directly about American citizens outside of the airport, he said they will protect American citizens once they get to the airport.

I don't think this will end well, and any Americans that may die as a result is directly on Biden. It's just wild to me the nonsense we went through with the last impeachment, but something like this isn't an offense enough for a President to be forced out.
Why would the Taliban risk the consequences of killing an American at this moment that would draw American troops back into a country they now control thus resulting in them losing said control?
Do you honestly think it will bring troops back? At least with Trumps deal there were stipulations on the pull out. Biden said we are pulling out....period. Trump said if an American Soldier died there would be hell to pay, guess what...there hasn't been an American Soldier die in over a year. I can easily see the Taliban pushing the limits with Vacation Joe
ImageImageImage
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

You're asking the wrong question. And you're awfully naive if you think those folks are in zero danger right now.

The question is why are there Americans stranded with no way to get to the airport right now when this was very easily avoidable? Any answer for that, or nah?
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

shel311 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:40 pm

You're asking the wrong question. And you're awfully naive if you think those folks are in zero danger right now.

The question is why are there Americans stranded with no way to get to the airport right now when this was very easily avoidable? Any answer for that, or nah?
He probably thinks they are peacefully protesting over there
ImageImageImage
Crowes
Reactions:

Post by Crowes »

Who are these Americans? Link me some articles please. Are they Soldiers? employees of the government? If it's just Joe blow on and adventure or whatever their excuse is I have no sympathy for them. 🤷‍♂️ Its fucking Afghanistan.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Crowes wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:46 pm Who are these Americans? Link me some articles please. Are they Soldiers? employees of the government? If it's just Joe blow on and adventure or whatever their excuse is I have no sympathy for them. 🤷‍♂️ Its fucking Afghanistan.
Most likely they are contractors. Not many "Joe Blows" over there, but even if there is........WOW!
ImageImageImage
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Crowes wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:46 pm Who are these Americans? Link me some articles please. Are they Soldiers? employees of the government? If it's just Joe blow on and adventure or whatever their excuse is I have no sympathy for them. Its fucking Afghanistan.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Crowes
Reactions:

Post by Crowes »

Based on you two no wonder the world thinks of us as entitled brats 🤣
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

I like Matt Zeller. He says it as it is.
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Crowes wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:03 pm Based on you two no wonder the world thinks of us as entitled brats 🤣
It wasn't us two that were okay with all those peaceful protests.

But please elaborate? Because we don't think leaving US personnel or making them figure out a way to get to the airport makes us entitled?
ImageImageImage
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

Crowes wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:46 pm

Who are these Americans? Link me some articles please. Are they Soldiers? employees of the government? If it's just Joe blow on and adventure or whatever their excuse is I have no sympathy for them. 🤷‍♂️ Its fucking Afghanistan.
Crowes has stiff competition but this might be the dumbest fucking thing he has ever said.
Crowes
Reactions:

Post by Crowes »

Outside of personal in Afghanistan that is there directly because of the government (soldiers, embassy personal, government contractors etc) is the only people that the government has a responsibility for getting out IMO.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

shel311 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:33 pm The current dire situation with American citizens was easily avoidable.

This was also easily avoidable, but no big deal I guess. Totally not Biden's fault:
National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan said Tuesday that a "fair amount" of U.S. weaponry had fallen into the hands of the Taliban since the hard-line Islamic militant group's rapid takeover Afghanistan in recent days.

During a White House press briefing, Sullivan was ask what will happen with the billions of dollars in equipment, including guns, ammunition, helicopters, and more, given to the Afghanistan government in the two decades before its collapse.
There are possibly 11000 US Citizens is what I just heard on the news. My guess is there are a lot of contractors that are out in remote locations with small Special Operations Forces, both US and NATO allies.
ImageImageImage
Crowes
Reactions:

Post by Crowes »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:39 pm

Do you honestly think it will bring troops back? At least with Trumps deal there were stipulations on the pull out. Biden said we are pulling out....period. Trump said if an American Soldier died there would be hell to pay, guess what...there hasn't been an American Soldier die in over a year. I can easily see the Taliban pushing the limits with Vacation Joe
You genuinely think there hasn't been ample opportunity for them to kill Americans indiscriminately in all the chaos if this takeover was initiated with that as a motive?

Also you really think that if there was video getting out of Americans getting killed in the streets there wouldn't be a overwhelming military response?
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Crowes wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:28 pm [
You genuinely think there hasn't been ample opportunity for them to kill Americans indiscriminately in all the chaos
This shows your ignorance. Stick to throwing rocks at cops in Nashville.

This IS the opportunity to kill Americans. They weren't cut off from the world till a couple of days ago
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Don't think of this before.....

Just listened to the Pakistan Ambassador to the UN.

He says Al Qaeda isn't the terrorist group to worry about in Afghanistan. (That statement got me intrigued). He went on and says Daeah (ISIS) is the one to worry about.

If you don't know, ISIS most likely still has a presence in Afghanistan. They were actively fighting the Taliban just a couple of years ago. Now imagine if all the radical terrorists goes over in a couple of months and starts taking land like they did in Syria/Iraq. We will be over there again if this actually plays out
ImageImageImage
Crowes
Reactions:

Post by Crowes »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:39 pm
Crowes wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:28 pm [
You genuinely think there hasn't been ample opportunity for them to kill Americans indiscriminately in all the chaos
This shows your ignorance. Stick to throwing rocks at cops in Nashville.

This IS the opportunity to kill Americans. They weren't cut off from the world till a couple of days ago
If this is the opportunity as you say what are they waiting on?

Why agree not to overrun/attack the airport and allow the continued evacuations of Americans?

The more time they give the government the more Americans that will get out. Doesn't seem like to good of a plan if that's what their endgame is.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”