Random Discussions

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: Random Discussions

Post by shel311 »

LetsGoPeay wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:20 pm So… I’m going to be a grandfather in a month or less.

I. Am. Fucking. Old.
:shock: :shock: :shock:
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

LetsGoPeay wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:20 pm So… I’m going to be a grandfather in a month or less.

I. Am. Fucking. Old.
I fear that happens before the knucklehead graduates and gets his career started. He's a sophomore now so at least 3 more years hopefully

But I will say, I can't wait to be a grandfather. I spent around 9 years away from the time the boy was 2 until he was 17 so I'd love to have some time with grandkids during that age. Probably why I spend a lot of time with my soon to be 16 year old niece
ImageImageImage
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

Jameson is the goat
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

wdoupis wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:01 pm Jameson is the goat
Jonah?
Antawn?
Jenna?
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

shel311 wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:08 pm
Jonah?
Antawn?
Jenna?
Hahahaha
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

It's not a bad bar drink with ginger ale. But definitely not a sipper like much better whiskies. Jameson is on par with Crown Royal for a local nightclub whiskey drink. You aren't going to a high end restaurant and order that with you $75 meal. You want some Blanton's, Weller's, Rabbit Hole, etc...on the rocks or as an Old Fashioned or Whiskey Sour (with a real egg white) to go with that meal
ImageImageImage
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

I knew I liked this guy.

Standard Jameson for an Irish Coffee is perfect. But you have to whip the heavy cream yourself fresh for the best result.

For a decent/cheap sipping drink I like the caskmate stout version of Jameson or, going to other Irish Whiskeys, Bushmill Black Bush or Red Breast.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Congrats Peay!
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

GrandPeay
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

I'm at that age that I need my first colonoscopy. So, what is the etiquette here? Am I supposed to shave around my asshole and bleach it? Should I sharpie an arrow with "insert here" on an ass cheek? If so, does it matter if it's a right or left ass cheek?
ImageImageImage
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

all fun and games til the doctor wonders why the tool is so easy to insert.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

nick wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:20 pm all fun and games til the doctor wonders why the tool is so easy to insert.
:|

How much are Cuban Cigars up in Canada? Winnepeg is about a 9 hour drive and we thought about going up there to try and catch a hockey game with Calgary (my son's favorite team). Me personally, I could skip the hockey but most live sports is much better than watching it on tv so I'd give it a try
ImageImageImage
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:32 pm
nick wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:20 pm all fun and games til the doctor wonders why the tool is so easy to insert.

How much are Cuban Cigars up in Canada? Winnepeg is about a 9 hour drive and we thought about going up there to try and catch a hockey game with Calgary (my son's favorite team). Me personally, I could skip the hockey but most live sports is much better than watching it on tv so I'd give it a try
You should go to a game - live hockey is amazing and the atmosphere in Calgary should be awesome.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

dakshdar wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:17 pm
GeorgesGoons wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:32 pm

You should go to a game - live hockey is amazing and the atmosphere in Calgary should be awesome.
Calgary is too far, but Winnipeg is only a 9 hour drive. We went to a UNO/Colorado College game when we were in Colorado springs, we sat right on the glass. It was a blast but I heard nhl games are so much more fun
ImageImageImage
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

Ah, misread that. Would still say go, just don't get beat up by Jets fans if you root for the Flames.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Im from Toronto man. We dunno shit about the rest of Canada.

Im pretty sure I'd give up my left nut before I ever travelled to Winnipeg. No hyperbole. It's like -45C (-49f) in the winter. Boring as fuck. I'd much rather go to Calgary and that's our wannabe Texas so you'd love it more.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

this made my morning.

ImageImageImage
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Some El Paso High School students will need to retake their SATs after a number of tests flew out of a UPS truck while in transit.

The El Paso Independent School District told new station KTSM 9 News that all but 55 tests that flew out were recovered, and the tests affected were all taken on Oct. 27 at El Paso High School. It is not clear how many of those recovered were still viable.

The College Board released a statement to KTSM 9 News saying, "occasionally test materials are lost in transit" and when this happens, "we work with the school to ensure that students are able to retest as soon as possible."
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

Horrible. Studying for exams is miserable, and the portions of memorization are forgotten within a couple days of the test. If this happened to me for a board exam I'd have lost my mind
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

I am a super generous tipper but man we have gotten out of control. Everywhere you go every register prompts you to the what percent tip before it closes and for the first time ever I just clicked no tip. Felt like a bad ass and an asshole at the same time. Not sure what the right call is here. I’m happy to tip but if all someone is doing is taking your order at a register it seems insane to give the same 20% as an actual server or a valet guy.

Where do you guys stand on this one

Return to “Off Topic Forum”