2013 Playoff Thread (Championship - Its Carolina's Show)

Out of the Park Baseball League

Moderators: Cnasty, Ry, nick

brwnbear
Reactions:

2013 Playoff Thread (Championship - Its Carolina's Show)

Post by brwnbear »

Solution to faster playoffs:

We got 8 guys that are in the playoffs. With Trendon, there are 7 players that need to upload files. When you are ready for the upload. Write it down in this thread. With a little luck Trendon may be able to do multiple downloads on a few days. Hopefully this works once we get to 4 and 2 players.

Also, Keep in mind that we are going to be adding another leauge next season. This means that you may get no compensation for a lot of your Type A and Type B players if they are signed by the other league so plan accordingly.
Last edited by brwnbear on Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:00 pm, edited 14 times in total.
IM: brwnbear26
brwnbear
Reactions:

Re: 2013 Playoff Sim Thread (week 1)

Post by brwnbear »

DRiccio21 wrote:i've set up my rosters, you don't need to wait on my for the playoffs.

i only play in the first round tho, after that you may have to wait on some guys
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

Carolina and New England are up
Baker
Reactions:

Post by Baker »

My roster/lineups are set...

But I noticed the schedule doesnt match up with the 7 day rosters. My 7day rosters says Las Vegas has the home field advantage (first 3 games at his place) and Game 1,2 and 3 are on Monday(9/30), Tues(10/1), Wed(10/2)...and an off day on Thursday.

The schedule says I have HF advantage (1st 2 games in Albany) with Game 1 and 2 on Friday (9/27) and Saturday (9/28) with an off day on Sunday. Continues on Monday at Las Vegas.

2 things this affects or could change. 1 being home field advantage, which should be me and 2) is the off day after game 2 or game 3? This affects how I'm setting up my rotation.

Trendon - you posted earlier about Joe's question on why he is playing me the first round since we are in the same division. You said something about trying to edit that...So am I even playing him the 1st round? IDK, just a few questions i had that could have an affect on how I'm setting my stuff up.

But as of now, my lineups are set to play Las Vegas with him having HF advantage and playing the first 3 games then an off day on the 4th day. Thats what my 7day roster calender said.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

my lineups in
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

Baker wrote:My roster/lineups are set...

But I noticed the schedule doesnt match up with the 7 day rosters. My 7day rosters says Las Vegas has the home field advantage (first 3 games at his place) and Game 1,2 and 3 are on Monday(9/30), Tues(10/1), Wed(10/2)...and an off day on Thursday.

The schedule says I have HF advantage (1st 2 games in Albany) with Game 1 and 2 on Friday (9/27) and Saturday (9/28) with an off day on Sunday. Continues on Monday at Las Vegas.

2 things this affects or could change. 1 being home field advantage, which should be me and 2) is the off day after game 2 or game 3? This affects how I'm setting up my rotation.

Trendon - you posted earlier about Joe's question on why he is playing me the first round since we are in the same division. You said something about trying to edit that...So am I even playing him the 1st round? IDK, just a few questions i had that could have an affect on how I'm setting my stuff up.

But as of now, my lineups are set to play Las Vegas with him having HF advantage and playing the first 3 games then an off day on the 4th day. Thats what my 7day roster calender said.
If I'm not mistaken he only sims 3 days at a time so while your schedule could still be messed up, you have the ability to alter it after the first couple games. But I do see what you mean
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

Baker,

If you look closely at the 7 day line-up it wraps around. So the first day of the 7 day line-up isn't the first day on the left side of the screen.

The first two games are at your place and, I believe since I'm not at home to check now) are played on either Thursday and Friday or Friday and Saturday. There is then a day off and then the three games at my place starting at the beginning of the next full week.

This is because we stopped the sim mid-week after the extra regular season games (so we ended on a Wednesday or Thursday I think rather than typically ending with a Sunday sim).

As to why I'm playing you in the first round, I don't know. I think we played last year in the first round as well so I just blame Trendon.

For Trendon,

I'm uploaded for the next sim. It is unlikely I can upload for more than one sim in a day as I'm not going to be home from work and able to check results until around 9 pm EST most nights, and I do have to work this week.

If I can get sim results after they happen and find out if anyone got hurt, I may just be able to live with my line-ups for a second sim in a day, but that is doubtful as I'd need to see how everyone is playing as well...
Baker
Reactions:

Post by Baker »

dakshdar wrote:Baker,

If you look closely at the 7 day line-up it wraps around. So the first day of the 7 day line-up isn't the first day on the left side of the screen.

The first two games are at your place and, I believe since I'm not at home to check now) are played on either Thursday and Friday or Friday and Saturday. There is then a day off and then the three games at my place starting at the beginning of the next full week.
Yep...good call, I missed that one.
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

Also, to get back to the original point, I did not edit anything. I could, but decided against it because who the fuck knows the consequences, lol
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

So Master Sim Controller, you're simming tonight or during the day or what?
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

dakshdar wrote:So Master Sim Controller, you're simming tonight or during the day or what?
Already did, you got swept, 2 of your players died, and that same LF had his appendix out again (career-ending injury). On the bright side, you pitched the 2nd no hitter in league history, but still lost
ImageImageImageImage
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

Seeitsaveit13 wrote:
dakshdar wrote:So Master Sim Controller, you're simming tonight or during the day or what?
Already did, you got swept, 2 of your players died, and that same LF had his appendix out again (career-ending injury). On the bright side, you pitched the 2nd no hitter in league history, but still lost
Damn. I set my strategy for home games to "Sniper in the upper deck shoots opposing team players = Always" for innings 1-3 when my team is losing. I thought that was a sure thing for a win.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

dakshdar wrote:Damn. I set my strategy for home games to "Sniper in the upper deck shoots opposing team players = Always" for innings 1-3 when my team is losing. I thought that was a sure thing for a win.
:lol: Quality
trendon
Reactions:

Re: 2013 Playoff Sim Thread (week 1 - Missing NorCal)

Post by trendon »

Well, here is the good news: I just got to the computer anyway, so no loss without Mike's upload for today. Getting it done!

And to answer other questions, we sim four games, three games, four games, three games, etc etc
brwnbear
Reactions:

Post by brwnbear »

trendon wrote:Well, here is the good news: I just got to the computer anyway, so no loss without Mike's upload for today. Getting it done!

And to answer other questions, we sim four games, three games, four games, three games, etc etc
Once I see that you have posted the download, I will update the title of the thread so I can start keeping track of everyone again for week 2. Maybe we can do an update tonight if everyones schedules allow.

Trendon, did you get my emails?
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

I just replied. Uploading everything now, too.
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

League File Up
Last sim up
Website on the way

Notes

* Everyone uploaded!

Results
Spoiler!
Game 1

An S. Myers single in the top of the 11th gives Carolina a 5-4 lead and Jose Hernandez gets his first playoff save. (Car leads NE 1-0)

Joham Cotrim, subbing for the injured Jeff Hunter, gets pasted while Port Orange's Bernardo Machado rolls. Port Orange wins 9-2 (PO Leads 1-0)

Defending champions Steel City score ten in the bottom of the second to runaway with a 12-5 victory over NorCal (STC leads 1-0)

Dwayne Wolf hit a home run in a four-run first for Las vegas and Max Englund pitched seven innings of one-run ball as the Gamblers dispatched Albany 8-3

Game 2

The all-time leader in playoff games started, Kurt Warner, was obliterated by the Carolina offense, allowing seven runs in four innings as New England loses 17-4 and faces a 2-0 hole. (Car leads 2-0)

New York is not faring much better as Adam Davis nearly gos the distance in a 5-1 win in Port Orange. (PO leads 2-0)

Steel City used a two-run seventh to blow open a tight game and send NorCal back home with a 2-0 defecit. (STC leads 2-0)

Albany's Luis Flores pitches a gem (eight innings, five hits, one run, nine k's) as the Bulldogs tie the series at one with a 4-1 win at home. (Series tied 1-1)

Game 3

William Abbott grounded out with the tying run on third and Carolina escapes. The Spitters jumped out 5-0 on the Spartans but were ultimately done in by a two-run Davidson triple in the bottom of the eighth. (CAR leads 3-0)

Jeff Hunter, acquired from Concordia, was fantastic over eight and the New York bats came alive with the return of de la Garza and Shannon. (PO leads 2-1)

NorCal scored three runs in the ninth on an Elizondo error, but it was just for show as Steel city wins 6-3 to take a 3-0 lead. (STC leads 3-0)

Five pitchers combined to hold Albanyt to two runs as Flynn Ward (2-for-4, 3 RBI) continues his magical season (LV leads 2-1)

Game 4

Faced with elimination, Wonder Boy Vickers breathes life into the Spitters, pitching 6.1 innings of shutout ball and the bullpen held Carolina to only two hits over the final 2.2. (CAR leads 3-1)

New York, Bob Baker continues to impress in the playoffs, but the wrong way. 0-4 with a 8.56 ERA coming in and it didn't change much as Port Orange is one step closer to advancing. (PO leads 3-1)

NorCal stays alive as - guess who - Don Douglas hits two home runs to propel the Bombers to a 12-4 win. (STC leads 3-1)

After Albany scored six in the third, Yukinaga Kamida homered in the fifth and six to end any thoughts of a Gamblers comeback. (Series tied 2-2)
Injuries

Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
New England Spitters: SP L. Vickers was injured while pitching. The Diagnosis: torn labrum (Shoulder). He's expected to miss about 5 months.

Monday, September 30th, 2013
Sioux City Explorers: MR T. Smith is ill. The Diagnosis: allergic reaction. He's expected to miss about 4 days.
Carolina Spartans: 2B S. Myers was injured being hit by a pitch. The Diagnosis: fractured hand. He's expected to miss about 6 weeks.
NorCal Bombers: RF R. Sotelo was injured being hit by a pitch. The Diagnosis: bruised knee. This is a day-to-day injury expected to last 4 days.

Saturday, September 28th, 2013
Steel City Bulldogs: 3B E. Bradford was injured in a collision at a base. The Diagnosis: oblique strain. He's expected to miss about 4 weeks.

Friday, September 27th, 2013
Las Vegas Gamblers: O. López has suffered a setback in his recovery. He is not expected to recover for another 6 days.

Wednesday, September 25th, 2013
Carolina Spartans: LF P. Martínez was injured being hit by a pitch. The Diagnosis: bruised back. This is a day-to-day injury expected to last 4 days.
Philadelphia Cheesesteaks: 3B D. Vargas was injured while running the bases. The Diagnosis: mild groin strain. This is a day-to-day injury expected to last 5 days.
Albany Wild Ones: SS J. Johnston was injured while running the bases. The Diagnosis: sore knee. This is a day-to-day injury expected to last 3 days.
Las Vegas Gamblers: 1B R. Tapia was injured while running the bases. The Diagnosis: hamstring tightness. This is a day-to-day injury expected to last 2 days.

News

Saturday, September 28th, 2013
Carolina Spartans: J. García got suspended 8 games after ejection following a brawl.
New England Spitters: L. Álvarez got suspended 8 games after ejection following a brawl.

Monday, September 23rd, 2013
1B G. Álvarez of the New York Launch honored: Wins the NDL AL Player of the Week Award.
RF W. Mack of the Sioux City Explorers honored: Wins the NDL PL Player of the Week Award.
Hartford Whalers: CF J. Escobedo honored: Wins the 2013 NDLS A AL Batter of the Year.
New England Spitters: RF T. Mtundu honored: Wins the 2013 NDLS A NL Batter of the Year.

Sunday, September 22nd, 2013
Hartford Whalers: SP R. Wagner honored: Wins the 2013 NDLS A AL Pitcher of the Year.
New England Spitters: SP J. Ocampo honored: Wins the 2013 NDLS A NL Pitcher of the Year.

Thursday, September 19th, 2013
New England Spitters: CF O. Palácios honored: Wins the 2013 NDL:F TL EASports.com Offensive MVP.
Carolina Spartans: 2B S. Myers honored: Wins the 2013 NDL:F RL EASports.com Offensive MVP.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Not WonderBoy!!!!!! :o
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

I will check the results when I get home and upload tonight.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Re: 2013 Playoff Sim Thread (*Updated* Week 2 Upload)

Post by ajalves »

rd 2 uploaded

Return to “Old OOTP Baseball”