Block MTV

Get the latest news and NDL related articles by our talented group of writers.
Block M
Reactions:

Block MTV

Post by Block M »

Last edited by Block M on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:31 pm, edited 8 times in total.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Re: Block MTV

Post by The_Niddler »

Block, I can help you for our game cause I was going to broadcast our game anyways...
I will hop on AIM in the evenings and hit me up if you see me on and we can figure it out.

I bowl tonight, so I will not be around, just fyi.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
Block M
Reactions:

Post by Block M »

I figured out how to broadcast through the built in web cam but I'm just wondering if perhaps it'd be worth it to buy the five dollar Justin.tv app to broadcast through an iPhone cause the web cam feed was choppy.

I'll definitely let you have the live feed for our game though as you're farther along than I am.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Keep an eye on the app, it was free or .99 when I grabbed it.
I will let you know if I see it cheap again.

And maybe I will have you look at mine one night and I will broadcast from my phone and then from my webcam and you can tell me your opinion on both of them.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
Block M
Reactions:

Post by Block M »

I'll keep on eye on the app but I think I got the webcam going alright.

I didn't have my router encrypted (dont ask me why I just didnt) so I did that to secure all the bandwidth available. Had two computers going, ps3, and an iPhone all wirelessly connected to the router while broadcasting and it was definitely watchable. I was playing MW3 and the movements are fluid, no choppy skips, but just movement on the game (like when I look from left to right for example) is a little blurry on the broadcast. NCAA is a slower paced game so we shall see how it looks on there.

Looking at my schedule though, I wont be broadcasting until Week 6 vs Boston College. All of Wake's games from now on will be broadcasted live but I'm going to let Niddler and Holmey broadcast the next two.
Nole4real
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Nole4real »

"block mtv"

took me 5-6 views but now i see wut u did thur :)
Block M
Reactions:

Post by Block M »

Wake Forest at Pittsburgh to be broadcasted live tonight (through Niddlers feed) within the hour.
Block M
Reactions:

Post by Block M »

Block MTV has decided to broadcast thru the iPhone as it is a much better picture and more fluid....now if only I had games to play.
Block M
Reactions:

Post by Block M »

Block MTV's first broadcast is in the books. Stream looked good just had connection issues with the Justin.tv app and it disconnected about ten times. Came right back up 10 seconds later but I'll look into that as well as positioning the iPhone in a better position.

Thanks for watching, glad it was a thrilling game with something people hadn't seen before (holding in the end zone for a safety).
NCSUholmey
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by NCSUholmey »

The safety actually helped you some, as it forced me to start in much worse field position than if you would have punted from inside the goalline
Block M
Reactions:

Re: Block MTV (WF at BC, Sunday Jan 8th after NFL action)

Post by Block M »

The next Block MTV broadcast will be coming to you live tomorrow, Sunday, January 8th after NFL playoff games go off the air.
Block M
Reactions:

Re: Block MTV (WF at BC, NOW)

Post by Block M »

Wake Forest at BC looking at a 3:30pm est kickoff.
Block M
Reactions:

Re: Block MTV (WF at BC, NOW)

Post by Block M »

This justin.tv app is a fail. Recorded fine for 20 minutes while I waited and got the game set up vs BC and then disconnected twice on the first drive. Block MTV on hold for the moment.
Block M
Reactions:

Re: Block MTV (FSU at Wake, 10pm est TONIGHT)

Post by Block M »

#4 and undefeated Florida State travels to BB&T Field to take on 3-1 Wake Forest live at 10pm est, tonight.

sammy33
Reactions:

Post by sammy33 »

Sweet!
S-D-S-U! SDSU Aztecs FIGHT!!!

nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

*MTV is reporting they will not be picking up Block MTV for a 2nd season because of poor ratings*
Daw1git
Reactions:

Post by Daw1git »

block what u used for that fsu game??? looked very good
Block M
Reactions:

Post by Block M »

Daw1git wrote:block what u used for that fsu game??? looked very good
I used the justin.tv app thru an iPhone, that would explain all the crashes you commented on. Hope they come out with a fix soon but it connects back within seconds so I just have to keep an eye on it and hit record again when it drops. A small pain but better than nothing.
Block M
Reactions:

Post by Block M »

Wake Forest gets murdered in Death Valley at 8pm est. (5-10min from now)
Block M
Reactions:

Re: Block MTV (Wake at Clemson 8pm est)

Post by Block M »

Really getting tired of the disconnects with the justin.tv app. We have a long 5 month offseason coming, I think a few bucks held back each week and a Hauppage HD PVR will be a reality come S25. Already got a spot for it!

Return to “NDL:ESPN”