Time Killers

Going on a trip? Looking for some travel advice or places to visit? This is your place.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Time Killers

Post by DRiccio21 »

i have like 60 hours of travel during my trip. i have an iPad but i've never used itunes and i have nothing on it.

are there any good games that i can play on my ipad? can be a strategy game or a sports game or whatever or even board games. i obviously prefer free stuff, but if i have to pay a few bucks i don't mind.

as for movies and stuff, i plan on just watching some streaming shows on Tv-links.eu and banging out a few shows i've never seen. hoping i get a decent enough signal on the plane to do that.

if for some reason the wifi is down on the plane, i only have 2 books downloaded so far... so i'll be stuck with the tv on the plane (which wouldn't be the end of the world)

any suggestions would be appreciated.
cdub21
Reactions:

Re: Time Killers

Post by cdub21 »

jetpack joyride is worth a try for a game, reddit pics is my big time waster
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

downloaded thanks
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

DRiccio21 wrote:i have like 60 hours of travel during my trip. i have an iPad but i've never used itunes and i have nothing on it.

are there any good games that i can play on my ipad? can be a strategy game or a sports game or whatever or even board games. i obviously prefer free stuff, but if i have to pay a few bucks i don't mind.

as for movies and stuff, i plan on just watching some streaming shows on Tv-links.eu and banging out a few shows i've never seen. hoping i get a decent enough signal on the plane to do that.

if for some reason the wifi is down on the plane, i only have 2 books downloaded so far... so i'll be stuck with the tv on the plane (which wouldn't be the end of the world)

any suggestions would be appreciated.
breaking bad!!!!! walking dead is fun too

i cant remember if you watch either
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Debate with your wife
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

ajalves wrote:
breaking bad!!!!! walking dead is fun too
if the wifi works well enough for me to use that site, its the first show i plan on watching.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

ill date myself a bit here, but angry birds is well worth the .99 or 1.99 whatever it is
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

ajalves wrote:ill date myself a bit here, but angry birds is well worth the .99 or 1.99 whatever it is
When my wife was in the hospital for 2.5 months before we had our boys, we played the shit out of every Angry Birds game. Loved it. Obviously, we had LOTS of time to kill every single day.

The second we come home(and not because of newborn twin time constraints) there was just zero interest to play it at all. I tried a few times and it just wasn't the same. :lol:
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

Dave....not sure what airline you are flying overseas, but American does not offer wifi on overseas flights os download all you can asap. I missed the Texas Nebraska game 2 years ago when i was flying to Athens becasue of it. Other airlines may have a different service, but AA uses a land based signal for wifi rather than satelites. ----those jack asses.
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

zombie highway
Temple run
iStunt2

are very entertaining games.

word collapse if you want a puzzle style game.
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

Shel's right. Angry Birds is good in a confined space but once you get away from there it's not that interesting. I play it when I'm taking a dump at work. Anywhere else and I have no interest.
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

Download shows or movies from piratebay and transfer from computer to iPad ...?
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

texasfan4444 wrote:Dave....not sure what airline you are flying overseas, but American does not offer wifi on overseas flights os download all you can asap. I missed the Texas Nebraska game 2 years ago when i was flying to Athens becasue of it. Other airlines may have a different service, but AA uses a land based signal for wifi rather than satelites. ----those jack asses.
Looks like you're right... Fuck

How do I do what dr webs was saying? Fuck now I'm pissed
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

Do you like to read? Download a couple of the Dan Brown books (Angels and Demons, Da Vinci Code) and youre set
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

If you dont have any movies on your laptop you may be screwed. The wireless at airports is so slow that you wont be able to download more than a movie at a time if you have a 2 hour span.

Im guessing you are flying first class and its international. usually you can have acccess to the Admirals Club or whatever airline club you are flying if you show your first class tickets. They have free wifi and drinks there. You might as well pay for a rental and start the download on your ipad. hopefully you can get the whole thing downloaded before you leave.
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

Shouldn't the VIP lounge for an airline be called the "General's Club" instead of the Admiral's Club since the Air Force has generals and it's the Navy that has Admirals? There's some fairly negative implications there if you're flying overseas.
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

texasfan4444 wrote:If you dont have any movies on your laptop you may be screwed. The wireless at airports is so slow that you wont be able to download more than a movie at a time if you have a 2 hour span.
Is he already at the airport?
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

DRWebs wrote:
texasfan4444 wrote:If you dont have any movies on your laptop you may be screwed. The wireless at airports is so slow that you wont be able to download more than a movie at a time if you have a 2 hour span.

Yeah. im guessing he got to the airport asked about wifi and realized hes screwed.
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

texasfan4444 wrote:
DRWebs wrote:

Yeah. im guessing he got to the airport asked about wifi and realized hes screwed.
Mets fans :lol:
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

nah i'm at work... don't leave til late

going to do it when i get home

Return to “Travel”