Out of the Park Baseball League

Moderators: Cnasty, Ry, nick

Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

2040 Season Thread-Feeling Crabby?

Post by Cnasty »

Here is the master thread for the 2040 season.

Below is the information to get your games up to date.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are 2 ways to get your games to the correct file.

Option A - (Updating from a Good File)
Just import the new file. Do a quick export to test it. If it doesn't work, go to Option B.
If you do not see all of the new images, view the "How to Get Images" section.

Option B - (Corrupted Original File or Fresh Install)
1.) Delete any old files. They will be located in user/documents/Out of the Park Developments/OOTP 15/Saved_Games folder. They will have a .lg extension.
2.) Create a folder in the Saved_Games folder called NDL.lg
3.) Download the following folder: http://ndlootp.com/game/lgfile/ndl.tar.gz
4.) Extract the ndl.tar.gz file into the NDL.lg folder. (you may need a program such as WinZip/WinRaR to do this.)
5.) If you now have an NDL.tar file, you will need to extract that into the NDL.lg folder.
6.) Look in the NDL.lg folder, if there is a settings folder, continue to step 6. If not, create a folder called: settings
7.) Download the GM Account Access file: http://ndlootp.com/game/Other_Data/accountsdata_gms.dat
8.) Place the accountsdata_gms.dat file into the settings folder. (Be sure this is named properly)
9.) Open OOTP, select the NDL league. Try to export via FTP.

How to Get Images - (3 types available)

The links below have been updated to include the Detroit Gas Monkeys and Seattle Steelheads.

JERSEYS:
1.) Delete your current jerseys folder, located at user/documents/Out of the Park Developments/OOTP 15/Saved_Games folder/NDL.lg/jerseys
2.) Download the updated jerseys folder: http://ndlootp.com/game/Other_Data/jerseys.zip
3.) Extract the file to the location of the jerseys folder that you just deleted.

BALL CAPS:
1.) Delete your current ballcaps folder, located at user/documents/Out of the Park Developments/OOTP 15/Saved_Games folder/NDL.lg/ballcaps
2.) Download the updated ballcaps folder: http://ndlootp.com/game/Other_Data/ballcaps.zip
3.) Extract the file to the location of the ballcaps folder that you just deleted.

TEAM LOGOS:
1.) Delete your current team logos folder, located at user/documents/Out of the Park Developments/OOTP 15/Saved_Games folder/NDL.lg/news/html/images/team_logos.
2.) Download the updated team_logos folder: http://ndlootp.com/game/Other_Data/team_logos.zip
3.) Extract the file to the location of the team_logos folder that you just deleted. Ensure that the folder structure is setup as /news/html/images/team_logos.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

File Cleanup
If you'd like to cleanup your file, which means that you will lose box scores, recaps and messages, then here as a batch file that you can download and place directly into your NDL.lg folder. Once it is in there, you just click the file and let it run for a few minutes. It does take some time. This may/may not help with speed. (note: only the specific file goes directly into the NDL.lg folder. Don't use a sub folder)
http://ndlootp.com/game/Other_Data/cleanup.zip
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: 2040 Season Thread-Feeling Crabby?

Post by Cnasty »

File is uploaded. Website updated. Emails pending.

Congrats again Ted and quit taking all the titles and being shellfish!!!!

Welcome to the offseason and another go at it before we transition to the new version.

I will be working on the new season timeline tomorrow as I am going to bed now. Plan for the next sim to be Thursday morning at our regularly scheduled time.

New in game date is 11/10

Arbitration is open so get that done.

Please let me know if you have any file issues. We shouldn't as it checked out on my end and was a clean rollover.

Please be sure to fill your coaching vacancies as the fine will be relayed soon if not completed before the start of the new regular season. Also, we may need to discuss league minimums for scouting expense and player dev as it is unrealistic to put $1 or $0 in these from a franchise perspective and it is affecting the league financials to an extent. Something to immerse ourselves. :)
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

can we talk about rev sharing? $38 million? :lol:
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

I had the 6th highest player payroll and I lost 14M to revenue sharing.
You had the highest payroll nick and you lost 38M.
You have to pay to play!
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

Detroit and San Antonio with -70M cash to start the year :shock:
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

I paid out 40 something in rev sharing last year. was 70 million in the hole. now have 24 million in cash whichhhhhhh I will blow on IFAs.
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

Is it impossible to make a decision on a team option if you delete the email :oops:?
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

DRWebs wrote:Is it impossible to make a decision on a team option if you delete the email :oops:?
Yes, if you do nothing, it executes the option and he has the extra year. if you don't want him, go and release him, that effectively voids it.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

i wanted to cut Meyer, but with my "none" amount of money, looks like he's coming back for another year!
Boston_Rob
Reactions:

Post by Boston_Rob »

What's the fine for not having coaches? I tried to sign coaches for rookie ball all year and no one would take the job!
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

nick wrote:i wanted to cut Meyer, but with my "none" amount of money, looks like he's coming back for another year!
He has a buy out, no? That's cheaper than paying him the $14M.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Please be sure to fill your coaching vacancies as the fine will be relayed soon if not completed before the start of the new regular season. Also, we may need to discuss league minimums for scouting expense and player dev as it is unrealistic to put $1 or $0 in these from a franchise perspective and it is affecting the league financials to an extent. Something to immerse ourselves. :)
Proposed fine for not filling coaching vacancies within your organization: $10mil

I chose 5 teams that had all of their coaching vacancies filled, averaged cost from top to bottom, and it was roughly between $10-18 million spent.

You have until opening day to have your coaching vacancies filled. If not filled by opening day, you will incur the $10mil fine.

Again, this isn't just a rule to make a rule but it has an effect on league financials and brings a level of consistency across our teams setting us up to enter the new version.

I am not sure how to approach the player development and scouting expense but there is no reason someone should be putting $0 in these as it is very unrealistic and again impacting the financials by having those large variances. We should at least put the league minimum or average which I can share. My opinion though.

Just a proposal at this point and feedback as always is welcomed from the group. ;)
dusters06
Reactions:

Post by dusters06 »

Cnasty wrote:
Proposed fine for not filling coaching vacancies within your organization: $10mil

I chose 5 teams that had all of their coaching vacancies filled, averaged cost from top to bottom, and it was roughly between $10-18 million spent.

You have until opening day to have your coaching vacancies filled. If not filled by opening day, you will incur the $10mil fine.

Again, this isn't just a rule to make a rule but it has an effect on league financials and brings a level of consistency across our teams setting us up to enter the new version.

I am not sure how to approach the player development and scouting expense but there is no reason someone should be putting $0 in these as it is very unrealistic and again impacting the financials by having those large variances. We should at least put the league minimum or average which I can share. My opinion though.

Just a proposal at this point and feedback as always is welcomed from the group. ;)
Can't argue there needs to be a minimum set for development scouting. Same for coaching. There shouldn't be an argument to this because you can literally sign a scrub coach for less than 200k a year.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

This is getting stupid. $10 mil fine for coaches? Lmao are we gonna fine ppl who don't spend money and have AAA rosters in the pros?

Talk about an interest killer.
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

I may not be able to get all my coaches filled due to not having computer set up. Won't be able to get it up till next week
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

I would say go with per vacancy with an "X" amount of fine. If you have tried to fill one vacancy and have been turned down it shouldn't be an automatic $10m fine.
ImageImageImage
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

nick wrote:This is getting stupid. $10 mil fine for coaches? Lmao are we gonna fine ppl who don't spend money and have AAA rosters in the pros?

Talk about an interest killer.
So propose solutions.

What's stupid is that people think not having coaches at all is better. That isn't real
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

btw this "10-18" avg for coaches is a 5 team sample size...

my coaches (not even completely filled) is 26.26 million

so ya, fine me $10 mil a yr and i'll save $16 mil

also, since this is about fairness, should i play my backups vs the bad teams? i wanna make sure theyre having fun and it's fair and competitive.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Cool, thanks for your contribution.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Cnasty wrote:Cool, thanks for your contribution.
:lol:
ImageImageImage

Return to “Old OOTP Baseball”